Monday, March 25, 2013



The theme in Distant Waves is that you should be loyal to the people you love. I think that’s the theme in my story because Jane, Blythe, the twins and Mimi were all loyal to each other. One example of Jane, Blythe, the twins, and Mimi all being loyal to each other was when Mimi and Blythe went on the boat, Jane and the twins went onto the boat to go and save them because they had heard from so many people that the titanic was going to sink. Another example of all the sisters being loyal to each other is when all the sisters went to Mimi’s wedding. Even though Mimi had left them to go to Europe with the friends that she met in New York, the sisters all still went to the wedding to support her. They didn’t even know who she was marrying, and they still went. If I was one of the sisters, I probably wouldn’t go to the wedding because Mimi had ditched her family to go around the world, and I would’ve been mad. That’s why I think loyalty is the theme of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment